We’re looking for a mathematics teacher to lead our school’s efforts to establish a biblical worldview in our students. The math teacher will provide instruction for grades 6-10.
The ideal candidate has significant experience teaching children, a love for Christ, and a willingness to serve. This role requires a person who relates well with people of different ages and backgrounds.
Grace Bible Academy is committed to creating a loving and productive learning environment for our students. We offer smaller class sizes with a firm cap on our classes, support for our teachers, and we try to meet our students where they are academically to promote growth and mastery over their academic skills all while nurturing them spiritually.
The math teacher will:
- Establish annual objectives for their classroom and plans an instructional program to achieve these objectives in coordination with the school’s curriculum and expectations outlined by the Kentucky Academic Standards.
- Ensures that the instruction, materials and procedures are appropriate for the subjects and the needs of our students.
- Utilizes a variety of learning methods to accommodate the different learning styles of students in the classroom and to ensure that students achieve the mastery of a skill.
- Able to utilize technology productively in the classroom.
- Able to communicate effectively with both students and parents.
- Responsible for creating detailed and effective lesson plans in accordance with Grace Bible Academy’s selected curriculum.
- Display the love of Jesus Christ in words, actions, and attitudes to all children.
- Effectively discipline children in accordance biblical principles.
- Review all curriculum used by Grace Bible Academy and ensures they are consistent with the church’s doctrinal commitments.
- Be responsible for continual evaluation of students and recommend remediation as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned by the principal
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field at minimum
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to pass a background check
- Previous experience working in a school setting
- Current CPR & First-Aid certification