Our goal at Grace Bible Academy is to take precautions to ensure COVID-19 does not spread through the school, to the families of our staff and students, and through the church. We have adopted the following precautions:
- If your child has any symptoms of COVID-19, please use extra caution and keep them home. Aside from COVID, we are seeing some flu cases, strep, and other illnesses spreading as well. We are able to help them join individual classes via Zoom at any time. Here is a list of COVID-19 symptoms from the CDC.
- If a student or staff is directly exposed to someone with COVID-19, they will need to isolate 5 days from the time of exposure. This is regardless of their vaccination status. The Center for Disease Control states that vaccinated individuals can still spread the virus, particularly to those who are not vaccinated. While they believe that vaccinated individuals can spread it for a shorter amount of time, that is not definitive.
- After a 5 day isolation, students or staff that have no symptoms may return to school after a negative COVID-19 test on day 5. The student or staff will need to wear a mask for 5 days after as a precaution.
- If a student or staff tests positive for COVID-19, they will quarantine 5 days from the time of a positive COVID test. The student or staff should test again on day 5. If the test is negative, the student or staff may return to school, but should wear a mask for 5 more days.
- If a student is under quarantine for a positive COVID-19 test or exposure, we will make accommodations for the student to join via Zoom and bring all needed materials to the student.
Virtual Learning (NTI)
Times may arise during the school year that virtual learning becomes necessary. Our goal is to reduce the amount of virtual learning throughout the year and avoid putting the entire school on virtual learning for any amount of time. Virtual learning will be based on a variety of factors:
- If a student or staff tests positive for COVID-19 and is symptomatic, we may begin virtual learning for 5 days and then that class would return wearing masks for 5 more days.
- If the student or staff tests positive, but is asymptomatic, we will require students to wear masks in the school for 10 days and to monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
- We would consider virtual learning for the entire school if we reach a point where a significant portion of our students are absent or in quarantine. This is not limited to COVID-19, but for any illness. We have taken similar measures in the past due to the flu.
- In the event that multiple staff members become ill with COVID-19 and we are unable to adequately staff the school, we would consider alternative learning such as NTI or could close the school completely until we could provide adequate staffing. Such measures have been taken by school districts because of the lack of substitute teachers. There may be times that some functions of the school may be unavailable (i.e. before or after care, meal services, etc.) due to a lack of staffing. If that is the case, we will communicate that in advance.
Also, we are encouraging students to please bring their water bottle with them. We still have our orange container where they can refill throughout the day.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Brandon Pence, Principal